January 19, 2012

Ishbel #3

Ishbel #3

This shawl was supposed to be my first entry to the 12 Shawls in 2012 knit-along on Ravelry, but it turns out it's 8 meters short of the required 250 meters of yarn used for qualifying shawls. Nevertheless, I'm quite satisfied with it. The yarn, CASSIOPEIA fingering weight singles by Pigeonroof Studios, is a great yarn for shawls. It has very nice drape, a beautiful sheen (possibly created by the small amount of silk in it), it's very soft to touch, and the colors are lovely. This particular colorway is called Black Violet, and I like it how there is subtle variation in color, but not too much to dominate over the pattern. I have ordered some of the laceweight equivalent to use on larger shawls, and I'm interested in seeing how those will turn out.

I'm still lacking an official entry to the 12 Shawls in 2012 challenge, and I'm anxious to have at least one by the end of January, so I see another smallish shawl in my near knitting future.

The Ravelry project page

7 comments:

  1. That is so pretty. I've made two Ishbels. It's a fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Love the color and that pattern is a sure choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ishbel is a fun pattern.. I knit it once in a week straight. it was that un-put-down-able.. :-) love your color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love Ishbel, it's such a perfect shawl :) The color you chose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind words, everyone :)

    ReplyDelete