December 26, 2012

Ripple Leaf

Ripple Leaf

Ripple Leaf

Finally a finished pair of socks. For some reason I've had a hard time getting into a successful sock knitting mode. There was a recent encounter with one sock pattern that resulted in giving up after three frustrating tries. With Cookie A's Ripple Leaf pattern, however, there was no frustration, just enjoyable knitting. My first time knitting socks with Wollmeise Pure was also fun. I'm aware that without nylon these socks might wear out faster than otherwise, but I don't expect my knitted socks to last forever, so it's ok. Socks wearing out only means I will have a reason to knit more of them (not that a lack of necessity has stopped me from knitting countless shawls). I only wish I'd used larger needles or knit a larger size, because the lace pattern on the leg is so tight they barely go over my heel. I was careful not to make them too big, because I expected the superwash yarn to stretch in use, but I think I left a bit too much room for stretching here. However, they do fit, and they will get a lot of use.

The Ravelry project page

8 comments:

  1. Wow, they are absolutely gorgeous. The colour is amazing and you paired it perfectly with the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous! Love the yarn and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice stitches,amazing photographs,bravo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These socks have me drooling. Beautiful pairing of the yarn and pattern.

    ReplyDelete